Our Approach - Influence without Authority
Real World Challenge
Given flatter structures and competition for resources, many organizations are leveraging cross functional teams to meet heightened market demands. In this type of an environment, formal authority, accessible information, and cutting edge technology are not enough, even in combination, to get the job done. The truth about success in any organization, in any industry, throughout history, has always been that decisions get made and results produced because of the actions, intentions, and power of influential people who inspire trust and collaboration.
The goal of this program is to introduce tools and techniques for consistently winning support for individual and team objectives in shorter time frames. Participants will learn how to get results by inspiring people’s cooperation through trust, persuasion and influence and without the use of formal authority.
Using the process and tools from this program, your company/department will accelerate the achievement of the following business results:
THIS SECTION IS TAILORED TO THE SPECIFIC BUSINESS OBJECTIVES THE COMPANY AND/OR DEPARTMENT IS STRIVING TO ACHIEVE THROUGH PARTICIPANTS’ APPLICATION OF THE PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Use a structured process for effectively influencing others
- Build and sustain trust in work relationships
- Apply semi-formal consensus building techniques to expedite decision-making and ensure desired outcomes
- Adapt messages and actions to match the preferences of others
- Position ideas in ways that encourage people to adopt them
A one-day workshop centered around realistic case studies. The program involves role plays, real world application and action planning. For maximum results, each workshop should have no less than 12 and a maximum of 15 participants.
A Participant Guide and memory stick with toolkit templates.
Suggested Implementation Process
- Coaching session with Management prior to IWA workshop
- Set the GPS™: Goal Producing Strategy
- Determine targeted business objectives
- Advance work
- IWA process model
- Prioritized objectives
- Who to influence
- A Mile in their Shoes
- Influence Exchange
- Building Trust
- Department/Team Application
- Individual commitments to action
- Custom cases optional
- Coach Management of reinforcing process
- Follow up on GPS&trad;
- Individual assessment of application
- Analysis and report of process usage and to-date results
- Based on Impact Report
- Skill development
- Progress review
- Action planning